- Mental Health Net - More info on disorders and treatments plus the latest on mental health in the news.
- National Institute of Mental Health - US site. "NIMH envisions a world in which mental illnesses are prevented and cured."
- MoodTracker.com - Graphical charts, Text message reminders, Medication History, Mood Journal, and more. The Mood Chart shows your daily mood level along with your hours of sleep and your medications. The chart can show a month, a quarter, or a year of information.
- Depression Central - Clearing house for information on all types of depressive disorders.
- PsychEducation.org - A new site developed by a psychiatrist. Offers hard to find information on select mental health topics including Bipolar II.
- American Association of Suicidology - A nonprofit organization dedicated to the understanding and prevention of suicide.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - AFSP funds research, education and treatment programs aimed at the prevention of suicide.
Other Web Resources
- MedlinePlus Health Tutorials - People often come into the chat room with medical questions. Rather than relying on well intentioned but inaccurate information, try the easy to use videos at MedlinePlus.
- Articles Available from: Stanley Popovich - Here is a small sample of what is in Stanís Book, "A Layman's Guide to Managing Fear Using Psychology, Christianity and Non Resistant Methods". These free articles contain valuable information on how to manage fear and anxiety and is only a small fraction of what is in this book.
- Mental Health Matters - Research, self-help, online support, listing of chat lines/message boards by mental health subject, alternative treatments, mental health law, psychology articles, patients' rights, find a therapist/doctor/support group, statistics, mental health financial assistance, support for all psychiatric disorders and psychological illness.
- Asylum Mental Health Network All our servers together in one place
- Crazy Peeps
- Pouls Kitchen A wonderful recipe blog written by one of our regulars.