Rules of the Chatroom
We are not crisis counselors
Wandering into some random internet chat room is not the best thing you can do for yourself.
For your own sake, please get on the phone with someone equipped to help you.
Teens require a more specific type of help for their age group than we can offer, please try the following links...YoungMinds
Or text HOME to 741741 (US and Canada), 85258 (UK) or 0861 800 280 (Ireland).
- Abuse of other chatters will not be tolerated. This includes the ops/room moderators.
- People who are rude or intolerant of other races or sexual orientations are not welcome here.
- Arguments or Inciting Arguments will not be tolerated.
- Explicit sexual discussions will not be tolerated. In addition, we do not want to constantly hear about your sexploits and/or chronic masturbation.
- Please check your politics and religion at the door. These two topics are inappropriate.
( * People who are vehemently anti-religion are just as offensive as religious zealots if not more so.)
( * If you MUST spew on about political issues, please go to #philosophy on the server)
- While the topic of illicit drug use is not prohibited, please don't go into lengthy discussions.
It can make our non user guests rather uncomfortable.
- DO NOT use nick names referring to suicide or self harm.
- Threats of and discussions about Suicide and Self Injury can be triggers for others.
Do Not discuss or threaten suicide in chat. Do Not discuss or threaten self harm.
- We suggest those struggling with Self Injury visit #sh-recovery on the server or
- If you are Suicidal, use the Suicide Crisis pages to find a crisis intervention phone number in your area.
It is common courtesy to ask permission in the main room before private messaging someone.
People are not always up to it. Ask first !
By entering the chatroom you are confirming that you have read and will follow the rules. Failure to follow the rules will result in a ban from the chatroom.